Wednesday 20 January 2016

Winter blues

I am miserable today. For most of the last 25 years we have lived in caravans or motorhomes,  which are small,  well insulated spaces - easy to get warm and to keep at a comfortable temperature.  This is our first really cold day since moving back into bricks and mortar,  and I am colder and more miserable than I can remember ever being in one of our little boxes on wheels.

We have central heating, and it's raised the temperature enough that we can just spread our butter, but my body has always been rubbish at dealing with temperature extremes - especially cold! My arthritic joints are aching like f@%$ and stiff as anything, and I feel miserable. I wish we could afford to go back to living in a tin box on wheels.  Isn't that ridiculous?

No comments:

Post a Comment